Winter Weight Silk Duvet
Are you looking for an alternative to down that is light weight yet warm enough for the winter. If so this is the perfect solution to having the comfort of a duvet with the coolness of silk.
The Mulberry silk is also a finer more even thread and when layered to make a duvet it traps more air and as a result more of the sleepers’ body heat.
- Fill: Mulberry Silk Fibre
- Thread count: 250
- Tie-down 4 corner loops
- Construction: Karo stitch which prevents the silk from shifting.
- The winter silk duvet must be dry cleaned.
More about Mulberry Silk
- A farmed silk made from cocoon of the Bombyx moth that is fed only mulberry leaves
- The silk strand is long, lustrous and naturally white and does not require bleaching
- Less processing of the silk strand makes mulberry silk more hypoallergenic
- Duvets are made by expanding small balls of silk into large think sheets. Many thin sheets are layered on each other until the required thickness is reached. This is done by hand and is very labour intensive.
Number of grams in each duvet
Twin 66"x 86" (1520 grams)
Double 80"x 86" (1728 grams)
Queen 90"x 90" (2096 grams)
King 104"x 90" (2416 grams)Super King 112" x 100"